Tuesday, October 28, 2014

CELTA Confessions

Week 3 of CELTA....

1.
One of my favorite elementary students from the last two weeks said hi to me in the hallway. I asked him if he liked the new teachers. He said, "Yes, they are very good, very good at teaching." I was happy but jealous.

2.
Tried not to, but laughed loudly when one of our female students wrote a fellow teacher two questions:
1. Do you have a girlfriend? 2. How many girlfriends do you have?

3.
Felt a sharp pang when one of our female students (35) said the question "What is your biggest dream?" was the most difficult one because she had so many big dreams as a child and now thinks they are impossible.

4.
When I guess the age of my Asian students, I am at least 10 years off. Sometimes 15! "Oh, her? I think she's 28." "Dude, she's 40." O.O

5.
Craved the partying that's happening on Friday. It's Monday, and I normally don't drink. Oh Celta...

6.
Wondering when I'm going to make a mistake and say shop-ping like the students. Two of 5 teachers so far...

7.
My instructor told us she'd be back in five minutes. She isn't. We're ready to mutiny.

8.
I hate the overhead but my board writing is so scratchy my instructor "suggested" using it. I thought my handwriting would have improved since third grade, but it didn't. Damn.


No comments:

Post a Comment