Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas time in Bangkok!

This Christmas was my first being completely distanced from my family. I never thought I was overly excited for the Christmas season, but I was pretty homesick this year for family traditions, carols on the radio, and the community "glow". Thankfully, Bangkok decked itself out for expats and visiting farangs, and my students made working on Christmas day a celebration and not a chore. My boyfriend's family also worked extra hard to bring the Christmas cheer. So while I very much missed my friends and family back home, I did have a great 2014 Christmas. :)

Outside of the Lumphini MRT train exit
A huge Snoopy plus his pack of miniature snoopies

Finally strung up some of my snowflakes from the previous posts! Bf's family
bought a little tree which we adorned with paper, lights, and popcorn strings.

Candles :)

Christmas dinner: pomegranates, apples, red pepper in oregano and balsamic, trail mix, dal, rice, chicken, wine, and more!
We invited some family friends over for dessert
A sweet student gave me cookies and a picture-holder :)


No comments:

Post a Comment