Saturday, December 6, 2014

Paper Snowflake Merriment

Bangkok's already decked-out for Christmas.
Feeling in the spirit, I thought I'd make just one snowflake...I've done at least 9 now.
I'm not in love with all of the final products, but it's fun nonetheless!
Below are the shapes-snowflakes. See my other post for animal-snowflakes.



Flyin in the Sky:
Started with a random design. Forgot to take a picture of triangle
design,but you can gather it from the folds.  Reminds me
of birds for some reason.


Alternate view




 Chalice:
Chose too detailed a design for my dull
scissors. I think I'll try this again with a
little less busy-ness.

Not great at sticking to the lines...

I think if the cuts were smoother, this would be
a lot more appealing. I like the outer edges, but
the inside shapes need an overhaul.



Popped Bubbles:  
I was really excited for this design, but I need
better scissors to make it work.

Too much paper material, esp near the center. Asymmetric
bottom didn't work very well.



Lava Lamp:
Fun here, but too flimsy a product.

I really like this design, but it needs more paper or it will
rip. The largest "blob" in the design needs to be downsized.



Arrow:
Easy to cut!

I would make the tie-shape a little larger.



No comments:

Post a Comment