Thursday, December 25, 2014

Day 13


  • Sometimes grading can make you feel really insecure as a teacher. For my Prathom 6 test, I dictated sentences using the unit vocabulary. Scanning a student's sentence, I came across the word that was supposed to be "aquarium". Student spelled it "aqmeat". Holy s***, is my pronunciation really that bad?!
    • Next page, same student: "panrm buam" for "paddle boats".  Alright, clearly she didn't study and needs some listening and spelling help.  
  • When a student who never raises his hand and always talks to his friend gets a near-perfect test grade:  O.o    ....Are they always talking about the lesson? I'm definitely going to chastise them less....
     
  • Students spelled "palace" as "palass". I laughed. I am a child.

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of a way to make "aquarium" sound like "aqmeat". "Palass" is much more understandable.

    ReplyDelete